Old 18-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Andy Hunt

Default kippers to dye for Pots in the North

Very wise . . . it's like any other drug at the end of the day - alcohol,
tobacco, whatever. If you haven't started, best not to.

Unless used repeatedly in excess, alcohol is not addictive.

Same for cannabis - not physically addictive. Can be psychologically
addictive though.

I think cigarettes are really evil, I never enjoyed smoking
cigarettes.

Cigars are another thing. I craved for a cigar every time I smelt good
cigar smoke for 4 or 5 years after I gave up smoking.

My dad smoked cigarettes for years, but gave up about 15 years ago. About 2
or 3 years ago he took up smoking cigars (he says he doesn't inhale) with a
whisky.

I have always found the aroma of cigars and rolling/pipe tobacco absolutely
gorgeous (hmm the smell in tobacconists is awesome, especially if they stock
chocolates too!), but as soon as it is burned, it just turns into the most
acrid, clinging smoke. I don't miss tobacco one little bit.

And although the
quantities of pure cannabis flower I smoke are tiny compared to even the
vegetable matter in a single cigarette, I can still feel the effect on my
lungs, which isn't good. It's very much a luxury for me.

Besides, you can get really high off a nice strong cup of tea . . . or an
infusion of rue and sage.

... but I don't. Tea has never done anything for me.

Now about coffee...

Coffee makes me sweat and tremble, like I've poisoned myself. Perhaps I am
particularly sensitive to these things! But again, the smell of fresh ground
coffee . . . hmmmmmmmm!!!!!! :-)))))

Andrew