Old 18-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Andy Hunt

Default kippers to dye for Pots in the North

Do they sell Philips/Douwe Egberts Senseo coffee makers in UK? The
smell of freshly ground Douwe Egberts Coffee that comes out of the
bags of Senseo coffee pads is enough to turn me into a substance
sniffer :-)

Douwe Egberts used to have coffee and tobacco factories in Joure in
Friesland, perhaps they still have. I had a sailing holiday in the
area long ago. The mixed smells of coffee and tobacco could be smelt
from miles away.

Hmmm I can almost smell it now!!!! I'm not sure about the Senseo coffee pads
.. . . I'll have a look next time I'm in the supermarket. I know you can get
Douwe Egberts for filter machines/cafetieres etc.

Even instant coffee makes me feel funny, although I love the smell and the
taste. Decaf is OK though, so maybe I just need to make it a lot weaker.
Decaf doesn't seem to have that "real coffee" taste/smell though. Ah well!
I'll probably get thrown out of Asda on my ear next time for sniffing the
coffee bags!

WRT tobacco, my great-grandad used to grow his own in his greenhouse in the
midlands quite successfully. He lived in the most lovely old
white-with-black-beams type cottage. It was so nice that about 80% of the
jigsaw puzzles in the UK which feature a rose cottage are actually from a
photo of his cottage - it was idyllic. He smoked cigarettes for most of his
life, but smoked a pipe when he was older. He gave up smoking when he was
95, due to a chest infection, but muddled through by having a large tot of
whisky in his tea every morning until he died at the age of 99. I reckon he
would have made it to 100 if he hadn't smoked or drank . . . ;-)

Andrew