Old 19-12-2003, 04:12 AM
spun 12

Default Another iron question

Tom,
I hardly ever post. But I couldn't help it this time. My tank specs
I almost like yours except I have 300W. I have been trying for 8
months or so to have no ALGEA! Im still trying to figure out nutrients
though. I have always been a beliver in adding plenty of nutrients.
Currently I use the whole line of Seachem plant ferts(liquid and root
tabs)I use double what the bottle says. From what I read you seem to
use a little more. The algeas I have now are by no means out of
control but Idont like any. One algea is a dark brown-red on sword
leaves. And a light colored green fuzz. Do you think that I should
increase nutrients? I dont have a PH controller yet but I leave the
Co2 on all the time and the co2 stays between 15-20ppm.I do water
changes about every 1-2 weeks at about 50% Any info would be great.

mATT In IL

My routine for a 75 gal with high light, 330w.
50% weekly water change
Prune, scrub, trim, clean FIRST! Then do the water change.
Dose the nutrients back in afterwards.

Add: 1/2 teaspoon of KNO3 for NO3.
1/8th-1/16th teaspoon of KH2PO4 for PO4
1/2Teaspoon of K2SO4 for K+.
15mls trace, for ll the traces.

Add KNO3/KH2PO4.Traces 3X a week at these dosages.

50% weekly water change and repeat.

Consider Rosey barbs, cherry bards, SAE's, Amano shrimps in mass.

Check your CO2 to be certain that you have 20-30ppm the ENTIRE time
the lights are on, so check pH 2x, once in the AM and once before the
lights go off.

Do this for 3 week
You tell me what you think.

Regards,