Old 19-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Lynda LeCompte

Default Master gardener help?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:34:26 GMT, Pam - gardengal
wrote:

You may not get as much help from this source as you would like. Were I
ask a MG to do this in my state (and this is where the MG program
started),
I would be telling THEM what plants were what. If you have pretty basic
plantings - ie., your standard foundation plants, etc. - this may work.
Otherwise you may want someone in with a higher skill level.. Ask at a
local
nursery if they can recommend a horticulturist to assist with this task.
You
will have to pay for their time but at least you can count on what they
are
telling you is accurate.

Hmm - okay, thanks for the tip.
I just wrote to the Brazoria County MG people, explaining my case. I'll see
what happens. If they are willing to send someone out, I guess I could see
how much help I can glean from them and then if necessary take it a step
further with a local nursery if I need more advice. Really, any advice will
be beneficial. This is a far cry from my little English garden with,
amongst other things... roses, London's pride, several iceplants, a
glorious huge peony that I was so proud of, poppies, pansies, zillions of
marigolds... there was nothing tropical about that garden ;-)
--
Lynda