Old 19-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Philip

Default Jovellana

"Spider" wrote in message ...
Hi,
Is anyone else growing Jovellana violacea? I would be interested in other
gardeners' experience. I am gardening on London clay. My Jovellana
survived last winter in the ground in a raised bed with improved drainage.
However, although it put on growth this spring/summer, it never flowered.
It has plenty of sun, but I'm uncertain of the feeding regime. Do they
prefer poor soil or nutrient-rich soil?
For this winter, I have potted it up and put it in a cold, frost-free garden
room with good light. This should give it a head start next spring.
I would be grateful for any other enlightenment.
Spider

Looks interesting.

This site (in French) suggests that they like rich / fertile soil.
Maybe it needs a good feed.

http://nature.jardin.free.fr/arbriss..._violacea.html