Old 19-12-2003, 11:23 PM
Franz Heymann

Default 25 litre drum composter

"bnd777" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from
(Nathan Critchlow-Watton)
contains these words:

Thank you all very much for your comments and ideas.

Soil is too precious in our garden to put a composter on, so it'll

be
standing on bricks next to the bin!
I'm afraid that all the drums from work are either taken away to

carry
water to horses (not by me), act as water butts or make Heath

Robinson
composters!

Have you thought of making a drum into a wormbin instead of a

compost
heap? It would dispose of all the kitchen waste fater than a small
compost tub; you'd get compost and liquid fertiliser from it. If you
have space for it in a shed, garage, basement or sheltered carport

that
would be ideal as the worms should be kept free of frost or

sweltering
sun.

We produce betwen 1 and 2 lbs of vegetable waste daily. How large a bin
would I have to install in the garage to decompose, say, at the rate of

2
lbs per day?

Franz

Dustbin size would be just great Franz
In fact converting a plastic dustbin into a worm bin is darned easy

Thanks. I'll have a bash.

Franz