Old 20-12-2003, 12:43 AM
Nsty N8

Default 95watts over a 29gal...Too Much??

Hi..
I'm about to invest in a light kit from AH Supply, which has been
getting good recomendations from all of you..
Question? I want to get the 55watt power compact kit and use it with
my existing double fluorescent which is 40watts...for a grand total of
95watts or 3.28 watt/gal. (plus reflector boost..62% more
intensity?!?!?)
I'm I asking for it with algae problems? I have a Hagen CO2 unit which
seems to pumping a lot of Carbon into the water...roughly 33ppm
according to the KH chart (PH 7, KH 11deg). I know that is CO2 is main
concern for good equilbrium...
Fish load is minimal...

Am I going to regret so much light?
Nick D.

I have The 2x55w kit from ahsupply. Things grow well and fast. I upgraded from
the 1x55w because I wanted to grow glosso. No algae probs at all.
Keep your nitrates and co2 up and you'll be fine.

N8