Old 20-12-2003, 04:03 AM
Dwayne

Default Growing Avocados in a Kitchen in Dublin.

That is the way my wife does it. She puts the pointed end up, pushes 3
tooth picks in far enough to support the weight, and suspends it over a
glass full of water. The big end goes in the water with about 1/2 of the
seed. It usually taikes 1 to 2 months before anything happens. If the
water gets dirty or starts to smell, she changes it. Keep it warm (room
temp), and she puts it in a south window.

Dwayne

"David Hill" wrote in message
I seem to remember rooting them by sticking a couple of cocktail sticks

into
the thing and suspending over water in a jam jar.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries