Old 20-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Lynda LeCompte

Default Plant ID Extravaganza!!

As mentioned in the master gardener help thread, I have posted a bunch of
pics of some of the plants in my gardens, for help with identification.
For those that may not have been following, I am not familiar with a most
of these plants as I have come from a small English garden to this much
larger garden in zone 9, S. Texas!

The pics are all thumbnailed here;
http://purplelinny.com/plantid/

As mentioned on the page, I know the elephant ear plant, but could do with
some words on that one. It was perfectly healthy last week, but that was
before a couple of frosty mornings AND having had some of its roots pulled
as they had wriggled into our septic line and was causing a blockage :-/ I
gather it makes a good house plant so was thinking about potting some of
the healthy parts to get it out of the way of the septic line.

There is also a healthy shrimp flower plant there that has gotten very
leggy. I think I'll lop that back when it has finished flowering.

Pic #33 is ginger... I know that much, but need to find out what type it is
and what to do with the gobs of this plant that I have domineering an area.

There's a berry plant (#32) that's spread all over one of my veggie
patches. Is it blackberry? Whatever it is, I have to get rid of it, it's
taking over!

Things are getting better as my hubby has just found his "Neil Sperry's
Complete Guide to Texas Gardening" book (second edition) that was in the
depths of moving boxes. Wow - what a great book! Now I'm going to be torn
between going outside and making the most of another beautiful day or
getting my nose stuck into the book... maybe I'll just take the book
outside with me...

I really do appreciate all and any help. Maybe if someone spots something
they would like a cutting of, something can be arranged. Let me know :-)

Have fun!
--
Lynda