Old 20-12-2003, 07:09 PM
spun 12

Default Another iron question

Thanks for the info you seem to be an active particpant in the
group.It a good thing that theres people like you around. Im going to
try this and hope the we can have the same results I know Im close to
where Im content with my results.

Matt in IL

Just follow the routine, 20-30ppm of CO2
Prune and trim off any algae you see, then do the water change.
Add the nutrients back.
Add nutrients 2x more during the week.

Repeat water change and pruning.

Alage can only grow so much in a week, if you keep after them, they
will give up(except for small algae like Green water/BGA etc, these
can be beaten other ways though)

Typically 3 weeks is the maximum time I've ever had an algae hang
around by doing this method.

Adding amano shrimps really help but you need 50-100 to do the job on
a 75Gal.

But if you buy 50-100, you should get them at 1$ ea or less.

Just go in there each weekend for a couple of weeks and attack the
hell out of the algae. Go crazy with the pruning that no algae is left
on anything.
Buy some cheapy plants if you need to after a large pruning.
Remove them later.

Be agressive with your manual removal methods. It's very effective.
Bleach any wood/rocks, equipment etc, clean filter, up the CO2 etc.
Use all of these methods together.

Regards,
Tom Barr