Old 20-12-2003, 10:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default unidentified green frog

Have you been able to see the belly part? It looks to me from the back very
much like a Fire-Belly Toad that PetsMart is always selling. They don't
look very toad like either, and about similar in size. Their belly region
will be creme to red in color based on what they've been eating and/or
mating season (got me). All I pulled up was a tiny fingernail picture, so
can't really tell, other than that is what went thru my mind. Not sure
where Fire-Belly Toads are native (website says Asia), but I'm sure if
PetsMart sells them down there, turn a few loose in your warm climate and
they'd probably do fine.

http://centralpets.com/pages/photopa..._TOD2552.shtml
for photos of FB Toads, though mine were not that bumpy or brightly
colored. ~ jan

I already figured out it was a frog. I have toads in the
yard, Gulf Coast Toads (no problem identifying them). The
green frog looks kind of like a lot of other frogs I've seen
in books and on websites but not a close enough fit.

These are the best pictures I've been able to get in about 3
years of observing (opportunistically) these little guys.

Gail

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a