Old 21-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Tyra Trevellyn

Default digging up groundcover

From: (Editore25)
Date: Fri, Dec 19, 2003 5:16 PM
I'm trying to remove groundcover from a planter bed. . .gazenias (spelling?).
.
.anyway, does anybody have any tips for the best way to do this so they
don't
grow back? Is there a tool that's better than a shovel to dig them up?
How
deep do you think I have to dig so that they don't grow back? Any help
would
be greatly appreciated. If you reply to this board, could you please also
email me so I know the reply is there? Thanks!
-Kevin

Kevin....
Gazania species shouldn't present any real problems in removal. Just loosen
the soil in the bed with a rake or spading fork and pull the plants out. They
don't have a deep root system. If you notice something growing back next year,
just pull it out. It shouldn't be a recurring problem.

Best,
Tyra
nNJ usa z7ish