Old 21-12-2003, 04:02 AM
GD

Default unidentified green frog

The frog in the pictures appears to be a juvenile bullfrog. I'd guess
there is a breeding site nearby, and you experience migrations of
metamorphized offspring (a couple or three inches long, snout to
vent). A pretty common thing.

"Gail Futoran" wrote:

Thanks for the links. I've bookmarked them. I didn't spot
"my" frog (he/she seems to be hiding g) but there are some
possibilities there.

I've thought about purchasing the guidebook you mentioned
but perusing it in the bookstore I didn't see my frog, and I
have several other guidebooks already. But I didn't have
the photos at the time, so that might be a possibility.

Gail

"tim chandler" wrote in message
.. .
Even easier to use might be this link, you can click on

any state and it'll
show thumbnails of frogs found in that state:

http://www.nwf.org/frogwatchUSA/frog...state=tx#frogs

"tim chandler" wrote in message
Gail,

A quick trip to Google searching for these words
identify frog Texas
turns up quite a few links, one that has pictures is
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/

You can also buy a good field guide, highly recommended

is Roger Conant's
"A
Field Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians", a Peterson

Field Guide.

Happy Ponding,
Tim