Old 21-12-2003, 12:32 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Growing cherries

The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

"........I live on an old Cherry Orchard, indeed the next road is called
Cherry Close, and I have an old very well cropping tree in the garden. The
only problem is that the Black Bird grandparents must sit the youngsters on
their knee and tell them exactly when the tree will be cropping, I only ever
manage to get a few ripe cherries before the tree is stripped! ........."

We used to have the same problem when I was a youngster down in Hastings,
then the farmer next door planted half an acre of strawberries, and we
didn't see a bird on the tree, fantastic crop.

Your posts are most confusing, David: how come the text you're replying
to never has the usual quote marks at the beginning of each line?

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)