Old 21-12-2003, 02:12 PM
martin

Default Neighbour Trouble

On 21 Dec 2003 12:13:19 GMT, (Bill Pritchard)
wrote:

We moved to this house last spring and have finally turned our attention to the
garden. Whilst clearing weeds and debris I came across two electric cables near
to the fence. When I asked my neighbour about them he said that they were the
power supply to his two sheds. I suggested he put them his side of the fence
but he replied that surely it wouldn't matter to me if he left them where they
were. I've now asked him several times but he just shrugs his shoulders.
Unfortunately, there's not enough slack to just throw them over. My question
(finally) is, could I cut through one of the cables (accidently of course) with
a wooden shafted spade without electrocuting myself.

You could call your energy supplier and naively ask if the cables
belong to them.

If they are 12volt cables how about connecting them to 240 volts? :-)
--
Martin