Old 21-12-2003, 03:05 PM
JEH

Default Cast Iron Tecumseh 10 HP HH100 Magneto

If your engine has electric starter and 12 volt battery, you can install a
older model automobile coil. Its cheaper and easier to acquire.

Run a Wire from battery to a switch then to one side of the coil. From the
other coil termeral, run a wire to the points. Use a automobile condenser.
All this can be mounted externally to the engine. If it does not have a
battery, you can mount a small 12 volt and charge it up between uses.

Good luck,

A Georgia shadetree mechanic

"Rick Warner" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm looking for a magneto that will work on my old wheelhorse rider. It

has
the cast iron 10 hp tecumseh engine HH100 I believe. I would prefer to

find
a used one as to buy a new one. The old rider is a bit old and crusty to
spend any big $$ on. ANy help appreciated.
Thankyou
Rick