Old 21-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Daniel Hanna

Default Should I give in to the Dark Side?

In Mark. Gooley wrote:
On the flip side, J&P tends to introduce roses and then
dump them; they don't offer a very wide selection, and
there are a dozen smaller growers more worthy of getting
my business.

J&P now seem to be dumping their rose varieties every few years, almost
regardless of merit.

For me, that's a big heresy and I doubt that it's particularly good long
term business for J&P. Consumers aren't islands. I like to show blooms
to people and say 'well now, this is xxxx so if you really like it, pick
one up from the nursery'. Why would I buy a J&P rose knowing full well
that I can't recommend it to my friends in 5 years, no matter how good
it is?