Old 21-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Neighbour Trouble

"Bill Pritchard" wrote in message
We moved to this house last spring and have finally turned our attention

to the
garden. Whilst clearing weeds and debris I came across two electric cables

near
to the fence. When I asked my neighbour about them he said that they were

the
power supply to his two sheds. I suggested he put them his side of the

fence
but he replied that surely it wouldn't matter to me if he left them where

they
were. I've now asked him several times but he just shrugs his shoulders.
Unfortunately, there's not enough slack to just throw them over. My

question
(finally) is, could I cut through one of the cables (accidently of course)

with
a wooden shafted spade without electrocuting myself.

You would be quite safe if you wore good, bone dry thick rubber gardening
gloves. But don't instinctively put your foor on the spade, except if you
have bone dry wellies on

Why are they on your side?
How far from the fence are they on your side?
For how long a distance?
How near to either your house or an outbuilding of yours are they?
I like Steve's idea of free electricity.

Bill Pritchard
Retired and Emotional