Old 21-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Jonathan Ball

Default "Left wing kookiness"

Charles Scripter wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote:

Look: less is more.

Right is Wrong.
War is Peace.

And slavery is freedom...

You still don't get it. I am not offering anything
that is remotely comparable to the examples of turning
truth on its head in '1984'.

Gosh Jonathan, what is the subject line again? Why yes, it's all
about turning truth on its head.

Yes. "Right is wrong" and "war is peace" are examples
of that. "Less is more" is not; "less is more" is an
observation that, in some things, written expression
being one of them, saying less (but saying it well)
leads to a more powerful expression of thought.

Being a pigheaded fool, you refuse to acknowledge the
difference. I think you actually see the difference,
but because you are a pigheaded fool, you can't allow
yourself to acknowledge it. You have such a bloated
ego, the pain of acknowledging your error would be too
much to bear.