Old 21-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Rod

Default Herbs for the beginner

Neil wrote:

I am thinking of growing herbs for use in the kitchen.

I am a gardening novice and would appreciate any thoughts / advice on
which would grow well either in or outdoors. I live in N Cheshire on a
heavy clay soil with a "modern" ie smallish garden. Reasonably
sheltered though winds can be strong at times. Space might best be
described as negotiable!

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Neil

All I can add to the thoughts of the congegation is that a lot of these plants
like Sage, Thymes in bewildering variety, Chives, Rosemary, Oregano, Fennel
etc............ are very respectable ornamentals and will not look out of place
in your flower borders.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html