Old 21-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish

Default Lemon Cultivation

John Savage writes:

Chookie writes:
Anyone have any idea about whether I should clear the grass from under my
lemon tree and use some other mulch?

If you do decide to keep the area grass free, I'd pull the grass out
rather than dig it out, loosening it using a small weeding fork trowel
rather than anything as destructive as a spade. Thick mulch will keep
the weeds down, but kikyu will always manage to creep under.

Good advice. I would recommend a thick mulch over the grass and once
the grass has started to grow through, it should be a lot easier to
hand pull out after a good mulch, as the mulch effectively weakens it,
but won't weaken the lemon tree.

--
Take my first and surname to email me and replace the abuse.