Old 21-12-2003, 10:11 PM
hugh

Default OT email from africa

In message , Steve
Harris writes
In article ,
(martin) wrote:

Re_Amsterdam one letter I had actually gave a Dutch mobile phone
number.

Extremely common (or garden :-)

but I called it and got an Idi Amin sounding voice

Yes, an african in Holland. It's allowed.

Recently, 103 (one hundred and three) Nigerians were arrested in Madrid
in connection with similar scams. Amsterdam is a MUCH bigger centre for
this sort of thing.

If you follow this up, you will be invited to Amsterdam where a
"protocol officer" will meet you at the airport and drive you to rented
offices. There they would convince you that the money existed (EG:
Showing you a box with some real dollar bills on the top few layers)

If at that point, you pay the requested fees, they will issue a receipt
and ask for the Anti-Terrorist/Drug Enforcement Certificates relating to
the cash. If, perchance you don't have this paperwork, they refer you to
someone who can fix it - for a further fee...

And if at any point, you turn up without a required fee, they will
remind you of the ever increasing storage charges or a risk that the
fund will be recalled to the Central Bank unless you act very soon ....

Violence is not required and would get the fraudster thrown out of
Europe possible via a jail.

There are many varieties - even variegated ones :-)

...and an endless supply of suckers it would seem!!!!
--
hugh