Old 21-12-2003, 11:42 PM
animaux

Default you know you're a mad gardener when......

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:09:17 GMT, Frogleg opined:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:46:58 -0500, madgardener
wrote:

you know you're a madgardener when you're sitting in the theater,
watching "Return of the Kings" and you catch yourself telling your
spouse that the bright red flowers outside Sam Gamgee's house at the
end of the movie are very healthy nasturtiums.............

Nope. You have to search websites and find out who *grew* the
nasturtiums. Unless, of course, your own are comparable. I've never
been able to nurture a respectable nasturtium. But I know what you
mean.

They do much better in cool weather. Mine go great till about May, then poop
out and start up again in September. Of course for those who don't know, I live
in USDA Zone 8b, Austin, Texas.

We have two short growing seasons here, rather than one long.