Old 22-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Shell

Default Should I?

He's talking about the posts of pictures of my orchids
Many are seedlings but many are mature or blooming size and just small
plants naturally.

Shell

"Ray" wrote in message
I'm not familiar with the posts on a.b.p.o to which you referred, but
generally mature plants are a bit hardier than seedlings, so will be

better
able to tolerate the cultural mistakes of a beginning grower.

Personally, I don't know that I'd recommend a neofinetia as a first

orchid,
but if you've read enough about them to understand their needs, and are
comfortable that providing the correct conditions is not a problem, why

not?

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Peter Pan" wrote in message
u...
Thinking on buying a new orchid..

I've looked all around Melbourne, and without going into orchid shows or
private functions, the only place I can buy a Neofinetia is at this

place
called Collections Corner (which is a bit of a drive away from me)..
Now.. The only thing they have are very small plants.. They are potted

Well .. They're practically the same size as the pictures Shell posted

in
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids.

Very little with a few leaves coming out from them..

Now.. Would this be recommended or should I look harder into getting a

fully
grown plant?
I've never had an orchid before and the only reason I chose this one was
because, well, it's the one I think looks best..

As well as the fact that it is fragrant.. That's rather appealing too..

I would probably be growing it under fluorecent lights.. (I can build

some
sort of mini-greenhouse and set it under the lights, with a little fan
inside it to keep air circulation)..

Still.. I don't know if this would be too hard for me to keep.. Being

that
have not had any experiences with these plants..

Anyway.. Thanks for all your time and help.

---
31.69 nHz = once a year.