Old 22-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Spider

Default Quotation marks

I couldn't agree more. By the time we read replies, we've all read the post
and quoting it only postpones the interesting responses. I more often give
up reading this gardening site due to post-quote bottom posting, than I ever
do due to lack of time. In a complex thread, repetition of some part of
the originating post may be necessary, but surely this can be incorporated
more usefully in the response.
Well done, David, for saying what I've all too often thought.
Spider
David Hill wrote in message
I'm supposed to believe that this sort of header is less confusing:-

~ ~
~ ~ Would I ruin a Corylus avellana "Contorta" if I prune it so hard

that
~it
~ ~has
~ ~ effectively been coppiced some time between now and just after

New
~Year's
~ ~ Day?
~ ~
~ ~ There's a badly constructed subject if ever I saw one. I thought

it
~ ~ was spam. :-)
~ ~
~ ~Hell's delight.
~ ~{:-((
~ ~
~ ~I have now corrected the second one as well.
~ ~

Sorry but for me it's just a mess and puts me right of going further.

I do wonder why some in this group are more concerned with top /bottom
posting, spelling , grammar and other things related to how a message is
posted than they seem to be about gardening and plants............

Strange, but if it keeps them happy........so be it

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries