Old 22-12-2003, 03:02 PM
bk

Default Pond Vaccums???

I agree that the rocks are a problem, but just clear circulation doesn't
work for me.
I have about 800 gph submersable pump on bottom of our pond and the return
from
filter on other end above the water. The pond is 1200 gallons. Scum is
traped in an area that
the currents skip over. I need a good method of cleaning without draining.

I would think the wet/dry vac empties or nearly empties a pond.
wrote in message
the rocks are the problem. with good circulation across a smooth liner

the mulm and
crud gets swept towards the filter and doesnt build up like that. INgrid

"GoldLexus" wrote:

Do pond vaccums really work? We have a lot of muck at the bottom of our
pond. Last year, we drained the pond and tried to power wash stuff out

but
it really didn't clean it up. You can see the rocks at the bottom but you
also see alot of dirt which also gets the water really merky when trying

scoop out debris.
If pond vaccums really work, do any of you have any recommendations?
Thanks!

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com