Old 22-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Greg G.

Default non-phosphate buffers?

Pittie thus spake:

Recently learned that my water is soft and is contrbuting to an
unstable pH. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good buffers on the
market that dont contain phosphates. Most dont list the constituents.
Thanks for any info.

Calcium Carbonate, available by mail or in *some* pharmacies.
Low dkH values only effect pH buffering at very low levels, 1dkH
gH doesn't really effect pH buffering, kH does.

PS I dont really want to mess with baking soda due to poor buffering
capacity at pH values below 7.

Never heard of such a thing. It is used by quite a few people.
Perhaps you are confusing pH buffers/modifiers with hardness?
JMHO.

Good Luck,

Greg G.