Old 22-12-2003, 11:32 PM
VivienB

Default Neighbour Trouble

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:43:07 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

And I'm not at all sure who told you this newsgroup was your personal
indulgence.

With certain exceptions, of which you are one, it is mostly a polite and
considerate list of others who come here to talk on topic and help each
other. Those of us who choose to post OFF topic deliberately , warn others
in the subject line to start with. That gives all posters the opportunity
to kill file anything OT.
IF the topic changes drastically, most/many take it to email or warn the
rest of us by marking the change as OT. It's a small courtesy but quite a
telling one, IME, more in the breach than in the observance.
For you and Martin to be using this group to advertise ferry travel is a
gross breach of its charter. But more importantly, it's just simple bad
manners. Why would a gardening group be interested in your travel
arrangements, unless it's to a horticultural show?

I am with Sacha on this - you have forgotten your manners and are
reacting like a spoilt child when this has been pointed out to you. I
don't know what has happened to you to cause this uncharacteristic
rudeness on your part, perhaps the peculiarities of the season are
affecting you.

I shall say no more on the subject, let us return to the more normal
'Goodwill to All Men' attitude around here!

Season's Greetings to you all,

VivienB