Old 23-12-2003, 03:33 AM
Lynda LeCompte

Default Plant ID Extravaganza!! - Followup

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:53:46 GMT, Babberney
wrote:

females get berries. Is this male yaupon?

yes, it's yaupon

Hooray - thank you! Now I know what to do with the blasted things. There
are about eight (too tired to go and count) dwarf yaupon holly bushes that
have just got so top heavy they look silly. One of the bushes is absolutely
dead I'm sure. However, the article I just read said that it responds well
to hard pruning with prolific regrowth in the growing season, so I'm gonna
get busy with my loppers tomorrow. Been keen to do this for days, but have
been a bit unsure of the consequences...
--
Lynda