Old 23-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Frogleg

Default Neighbour Trouble Part Two

On 22 Dec 2003 21:58:22 GMT, (Bill Pritchard)
wrote:

In answer to questions the cables are on the ground between 6ins to a foot from
the fence. They seem to start from his house, go under his side path, under the
fence then run up the garden to his various sheds and pigeon lofts. He is an
obsessively tidy man and I think he just decided the cables would look nicer in
my garden. The person living here before me was a 92 year old woman who paid
someone just to tidy the garden occasionly. I want the cables moved for reasons
that involve both safety and stubborness,on the grounds that if it mattters to
him, it matters to me. Finally, just what can and will the electric company do
if I tell them?

Ask them and see. It's always unpleasant to have feuds with neighbors,
particularly ones next door. Your insurance agent might be a source of
information on the 'perils' involved. You've done as much as you can
with polite (I presume) requests. You still want to keep to the high
ground with regard to "accidental" sabotage. Best to find some
municiple athority that can solve the problem.