Old 23-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Phisherman

Default Mosquitos

We have at least 4 different kinds of mosquitoes. One kind will bite
while standing in the sun during midday, which many mosquitoes won't
do. Avoid eating bananas, use DEET (Deep Woods Off is very good),
light-colored clothing, empty all stagnant water including gutters,
encourage bird houses, have a well-stocked fish pond (minnows &
goldfish love to eat mosquito larvae!). Not sure about eating garlic
pills, although I do anyway for other reasons. If the DEET sprays
bother you, there are lotions that work well applied to the skin.
HTH