Old 23-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Neighbour Trouble Part Two

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 23:19:16 +0000, Sacha wrote:

I think you need to make that clear to your neighbour and tell him that on
those grounds alone, you need him to take the cables onto his land and make
them HIS risk, not yours. If he's a difficult person, I don't know how any
of this can be done nicely but I think you also have to make it very clear
to him that if he does not do this you will a) sue him if anything happens
to you, your family or your property and b) failing suitable and immediate
action on his part, will contact the Electricity Board who will not only
disconnect that supply on the grounds of safety but will insist on more
expensive cabling which they will, undoubtedly, inspect rigorously.

I would suggest not *threatening* legal action or reportage to
the responsible authorities. Such threats are the small change of
internet invective and in real life too. No one takes them very
seriously. Rather, if he does not cooperate by moving the cables
promptly, let the next stage be the letter from your solicitor
and the call from the electricity board, both without prior
warning.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada