Old 23-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Rich Conley

Default Suitable fish for outdoor pond (62-71 degrees)

If you could keep it the winter at about 68-70....cichlids, and most
tropicals for that matter would do fine (just stay away from angels and
discus types that like their water in the high 80s)....

I keep my africans at 72-74 for most of the year, and they are breeding
like cichlids....which is almost as slow as rabbits....

bk wrote:

I suspect Cyclids would do fine.
"Han Chung" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Apart from Koi and Goldfish, what other fish can I keep in an outdoor
pond that can handle the water temperatures at least 9 months of the
year?

I live in Sydney, and in summer, the water temperature is typically
~71 degrees. In winter, the water temperature is ~62 degrees. The
pond I am building to keep them in will be about 450 gallons and 3.5
feet deep.

Han.