Old 23-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Garden Quotes

Here are some quotes from gardens in New Zealand:

"Old Gardeners Never Die, They Just Spade Away."

"Today Is Beautiful, Why Reach For Tomorrow."

"Today Well Lived Makes Every Yesterday A Dream Of Happiness And Every
Tomorrow A Vision Of Hope."

... from Betty Port's garden in Rotorua.

"Gardening, Something That Is Healthy If One Can Straighten Up
Afterwards."

... from Elsie & Phil Rouse's garden in Tauranga.

By the way, gardening in New Zealand is a 52-week per year occupation.
They have no off season, no time to read seed catalogs, etc. I really
appreciate the rest I get during the 6 months of down time between
mid-October when I mow the fallen leaves and mid-April when I have to
take down the deer netting and mow the wild garlic. It gives me time to
play with my snowblower when I am not down in New Zealand or Australia
enjoying their gardens.

For more quotes check:
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/lilylu/sayings.html

--