Old 24-12-2003, 03:02 AM
madgardener

Default you know you're a mad gardener when......

"animaux" wrote in message
news
They'll have film 3 on a separate package. Not everyone has the money to
rebuy
whenever the release new "editions." It's all a ploy.

yeah, but for those of us who at first didn't know they were releasing
extended versions..........I didn't purchase the second one, Squire did. I
was willing to wait for the release of the extended version but he was
champing at the bit to own a copy of Two Towers so there you
go............patience is a virtue g

I'll look for The Water Babies. Is it a childrens book? We have many

used
bookstores in Austin.

I found it thanks to a most remarkable woman by the name of Allegra Smith
who sent me a weblink this morning. Border's bookstore is searching for it
for me currently. I hope by the time they locate it (I do so HOPE they find
it!) I'll have the money saved up. There were two listed. One was printed
in 1937 and the one I ordered was a reprint in 1980. Written by Charles
Kingsley and Illustrated by Linley Sambourne. I wept when I went to the
link this morning.

...and I never knew that about Mary Poppins. I really dislike

Disney...didnt'
they do Mary Poppins?

Yes, they did. The funny thing was originally Walt did the darker stories.
The brothers Grimm weren't all pastels and such. And Mother Goose and such
weren't always nice as much as necessairy tales to teach morals and the
like.

They can't seem to make a childrens movie without scaring
the shit out of the kid with the first ten minutes. Wasn't Nemo, Disney?

First
few minutes the mother gets offed. Nice.

Ahhh but that is what life is about honey. Fish eats fish, and on up the
food chain. I think I'd rather have a good annimation with reality
portrayed than "cleaning it up and glossing over the reality" of life's
harshness. I got rather tired of the fluffy images that have been spun out
of the last few decades. It never taught children the reality of life.
Fairy tales are wonderful, but there are still fairies that bite...........

Keep warm,

today was remarkable! It got up to 68o!! Now it's raining and for a brief
moment I was able to go out today and lay the metal spring things I've had
all these years Lets hope that Sugars digging hasn't killed the roots of
most of my perennials. (I hope all she's done is a little division, but I'm
not being unrealistic either) pics of the beds before her destruction would
show you why I freaked (she dug in the same box again sometime last night
and that's why I got off my butt and laid down the metal spring things
today. It's large enough to lift easy and wide enough to allow plants to pop
thru and when the bags of soil thaws, I will lay soil over the holes and
plant things as I see what returns if anything.
(hug)
maddie