Old 24-12-2003, 05:12 AM
madgardener

Default Blooming inside the house

I was sitting in the livingroom last night and was noticing a sweet
fragrance that was slightly spicy. The aeroma kept wrapping around me and
was unmistakable. Kinda like honeysuckle with gentle pepper. Itchy to the
nose. As I sat there, I finally realized that the McCoy crocodile planter
pot with the slender leafed sanseveria I picked up somewhere was in blossom
and giving it's fragrances out into the livingroom. I turned around and was
amazed that every pod on the slender stem was open and flung wide. Tiny
little trumpets of transparent white and dripping nectar and fragrances.

Yes, I took a picture. Now I have to start watering the blood lily to get it
ready for bloom in February, and there's the cacti to watch and wait for
during these dry, and wintery times ahead of me.
madgardener