Old 24-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Larry Dighera

Default Botanical garden guilty in orchid case

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 02:58:12 GMT, tennis maynard
wrote in Message-Id:
:

TRAINMAN9 wrote:
What ever happened to the seedlings from these plants? I thought they were
being propagated and eventually used for hybrids.

Yes, they were. Someone deliberately contaminated all the flasks after
the plants were growing and destroyed them all. Now there are supposedly
others growing in flask, but we'll all have to wait years for them here,
until the peruvian government decides they can be exported.

Read a shocking story by Olaf Gruss detailing the decimation of Phrag.
kovachii Peruvian habitat sites he
http://www.orchidspng.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?2/117