Old 24-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Default [IBC] Figs? On a Green Island Ficus

Last winter I purchase a nice little Green Island Ficus from Dale Cochoy
(it's doing very well, by the way Dale). At any rate, the thing is loaded
(literally) with what I believe are figs. I know I've read on the list that
most figs are not fertile unless pollinated by a small wasp. Well, small
wasps are in pretty short supply indoors in Cleveland in the winter! So,
are these "seeds" fertile or not...can I plant them and expect them to grow?
Seems an awfule shame to waste such an abundant harvest. I will - if I have
a successful Christmas ;-) - post some pictures.

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++