Old 24-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Bart Thomas

Default [IBC] Figs? On a Green Island Ficus

Sorry, Jeff.

Those little things (NINA!!! What are they called?) are not fruit. The
actual blosson is inside them, and the tiny wasp must crawl inside to die
and fertilize the plant.

If you want fruit, you and your plant have to fly to the native habitat of
the tree and hope to lure the wasps.

Even then, it probably won't be palatable.