Old 24-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Gail Futoran

Default unidentified green frog

Looking through Texas Monthly Fieldguide Series "A
Fieldguide to Reptiles & Amphibians of Texas", Blanchard's
cricket frog is the closest match to my green frog, in shape
& size, even pose! The photo in the book (plate 4, lower
left photo) almost exactly matches the pose shown in the
photo Ken so kindly posted:

http://www.kencofish.com/pics/frog1.jpg

Color and pattern are the only major differences I can see.
And the Blanchard's cricket frog is widespread in TX. Maybe
it's just a color difference? I don't think it's a
treefrog, because "my" frog lacks the broader pads on its
fingertips.

Anyway, in terms of world peace it doesn't count for much,
but I find I enjoy the challenge of identifying wildlife,
and eventually we'll figure it out. Thanks for y'all's
indulgence!

Happy holidays - Gail