Old 24-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Philippe Lemaire \(remove oldies\)

Default How many ml in a drop ?

" wrote in message
om...
"Philippe Lemaire \(remove oldies\)" wrote in

message ...
I wanted to have a better precision measuring Ca...
A first idea is to double the water and the first two reagents,
then count every drop for half the Ca concentration !

These drops being done with a "cheap" bottle I would prefer
to take the titration liquid in the 2 ml syringe and the read the
value...

Do you mean I have to be also very precise with the NaOH
quantity I put at the beginning ?

Regards,

Philippe

Well yes, but I don't think you are going to impriove to accuracy that
much doing all this.

You might count the drops with the dropper you plan on using and do
some averages of 20 drops to volume.

That would measure specifically what you are using as a ruler.
Do sevral runs to see if things are repeated well.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Thanks !

Do you know whether the amount of NaOH is critical or not ?

Seasons Greetings !

Philippe