Old 24-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] Beech tree on the gallery

In a message dated 12/24/2003 9:30:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
How is this type of taper created? I saw no scarring from
trunk chops, yet the taper is VERY dramatic. Could someone please walk me
through the technique use to achieve this in detail? I realize it will take
some number (large) of years to achieve, but for results like that it will
be worth it!
Jeff:

Unless this was an exception natural dwarf (collected specimen), it is most
likely that A LOT of effort has gone into the creation, and it is unlikely
that it was developed with substantial manipulation (which could very well
include trunk chops). When trunk chops are properly performed and meticulously
managed over the years, it is extremely difficult to visually perceive the history
of the tree.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html