Old 24-12-2003, 07:32 PM
JWB

Default Squirrels - the good, the bad and the ugly

"Lynda LeCompte" wrote in message
news
We figured it must be squirrels as there are so many of them around here.
And now here's the ugly... hubby came home from work yesterday with

critter
poison. Being the soppy mush that I am, I got a bit upset at the thought

of
poisoning the squirrels :-( But, needs must.

You will be even more upset if it dies in a corner of the attic or down
behind some wall. The smell will overwhelm you, and force you to tear things
apart to find the rotting carcass. There is no guarantee they will die
outside or where you can reach the body. Poisoning them is a very risky way
to go.

Much better to trap them and let them go a few miles away. Or, better yet,
just seal up where they're coming in. Then you can enjoy them without the
bother.

JWB