Old 24-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Data protection Act

"Franz wrote in message after

"David wrote in message
"...........Actually, no, it isn't. You are not a data holder under

either
of the two Acts if you simply reply to a message. If you disagree,

please
post or Email a reference to the section of the Act that makes it
illegal........"

Actually the reference came from a programme on Radio 4 today dealing

with
the above act, and it was given as one of the lesser known anomalies of

the
act, when they were stressing the need for it to be radically revised.

The act stinks with anomalies. Even the address list which Outlook

Express
keeps for my personal use is not supposed to hold data on any person for
more than 30 days. In principle every user of OE should registrer with

the
Data Protection Registrar.

I thought it was only relevant to businesses like David's not to private
individuals or we would all be in trouble with our Christmas Cards lists
etc. which cannot be the idea of the act.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
351 data units completed.