Old 24-12-2003, 10:46 PM
martin

Default Data protection Act

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:17:46 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

Sorry Martin but how can a "Can of worms" like this be of topic

It hasn't a lot to do with gardening.
I don't recall a prosecution.
It was used as a poor excuse by the Humberside Police.
Doing a search in the Guardian I found that it's used as an excuse
about twice a year.
I suspect that the person who used it will lose his job, if he doesn't
do the decent thing and resign first.
The same excuse was then used for the reason that an old couple died
of cold. The real reason they died is that they were poor and nobody
gave a toss about them. Apparently we can expect 2000 deaths like this
a week each time the temperature drops below zero.
I don't think anybody posting here has to worry about the DPA.
I assume that people are on your mailing list because they asked to be
put there. I would ask to join them except I can foresee the
consequences of having your dahlias mailed from Wales and disappearing
somewhere between you and me.
I do admire your flowers on your site even if I can't have some from
you. :-)

Merry Christmas David.
--
Martin