Old 24-12-2003, 11:33 PM
David Hill

Default Data protection Act

".......The same excuse was then used for the reason that an old couple died
of cold. The real reason they died is that they were poor and nobody gave a
toss about them. Apparently we can expect 2000 deaths like this a week each
time the temperature drops below zero........."

Please check your facts, they were not poor and were well able to pay.
Their problem was that they were OLD.
Had they been poor and in receipt of benefit-- other than pension--- they
may well have been on the "at risk register"
Social Services could have been alerted without disclosing the fact that
they hadn't paid their bill, but in this day and age when everyone is
running scared of doing anything that may leave them open to any action for
failing to observe every petty rule and regulation ----- most of which no
one understands properly, everyone keeps their head down and waits for
someone else to do it.

Just remember that this whole mess was foisted onto us by Europe, and yet
again like mindless zombies (or with this group in mind..........a load of
cabbages) we go along with it without the application of common sense.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries