Old 25-12-2003, 12:32 AM
madgardener

Default Squirrels - the good, the bad and the ugly

On 24 Dec 2003 19:30:47 GMT, pamfree (Zemedelec)
wrote:

I know this isn't strictly a garden issue, but they do dance around the
trees, so...
BRBR

I don't mind squirrels but then I don't have to share the house with them.
Last morning, c. 3 PM I was descending the stairs barefoot holding a tiny
flashlight when I saw a Norway rat ascending the stairs, same way. The rest of
the night I kept most of the lights on upstairs, since rats dislike light.
Then I googled for destruction methods and went out for poison. Only problem
here is if the critter goes and dies in an inaccessable spot.
zemedelec

time for the rat bait and peanut butter. I will NOT tolerate
rats.........nasty, disease spreading vermin....... A trap would get
them too............rats are VERY smart and learn after one exposure.
I'd say trap them with something tasty like dogfood smeared in peanut
butter in a bowl yumm yummm. Once they get caught, I'd even say drown
the bastages..............or find some lab that needs subjects g

madgardener who has to deal with WOODS rats sometimes that the cat's
bring in, but nothing like the Norway rats and the great nasty white
ones we sometimes had in Nashville near dumpsters and older, rougher
neighborhoods.