Old 25-12-2003, 12:34 AM
madgardener

Default Blooming inside the house

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 19:27:04 GMT, "Shell"
wrote:

I didn't know sansevarias bloomed learn something every day. Now I'm
wondering if my sword sansevaria will put out fowers since it has two new
spikes coming up.

Shell
root bound, and older plants DO bloom. My older potted ones bloom once a year most times, sometimes not, but

most times yes.

"madgardener" madgard@fairies live herevic.com wrote in message
I was sitting in the livingroom last night and was noticing a sweet
fragrance that was slightly spicy. The aeroma kept wrapping around me and
was unmistakable. Kinda like honeysuckle with gentle pepper. Itchy to the
nose. As I sat there, I finally realized that the McCoy crocodile planter
pot with the slender leafed sanseveria I picked up somewhere was in

blossom
and giving it's fragrances out into the livingroom. I turned around and

was
amazed that every pod on the slender stem was open and flung wide. Tiny
little trumpets of transparent white and dripping nectar and fragrances.

Yes, I took a picture. Now I have to start watering the blood lily to get

it
ready for bloom in February, and there's the cacti to watch and wait for
during these dry, and wintery times ahead of me.
madgardener