Old 25-12-2003, 02:33 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Rhubarb, rhubarb?

The message
from "doug." contains these words:

I avoid using the
matured thick fibrous stems. Don't like them.

Who does? Though they make rather good scouring-pads for internal application.

When the root gets going and is fed moderately it usually goes a bit
daft in its copious growth and you have more sticks than you can cope
with.

I had fourteen goats and several hundred rabbits, a shedfull of quail
and a bullock, and I wouldn't have been surprised to have met a
heffalump while fighting my way through the rhubarb they nourished.

Young tender rhubarb pie with a dollop of thick cream. -- Yum-yum!.

Ho yus. Fresh goats' cream goes well with ickle pink fingers of stewedbarb.

The leaves, boiled up, make a fine aphid-killing spray.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)