Old 25-12-2003, 09:32 AM
martin

Default Data protection Act

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 23:31:53 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

Just remember that this whole mess was foisted onto us by Europe,

It was? Odd that there is no sign of any equivalent here.

UK legislation is written by UK civil servants if the wording is poor
that is entirely the fault of those who word the law and those who
approve it.
I see nothing wrong with the concept of not allowing all and sundry to
collect personal information about people. It is often misused as you
must have noticed.
I am currently the victim of an ISP that built and preserved a file
on me. Long after I terminated the contract, an Italian ISP company
that bought the ISP is trying to get payments claiming that they have
no record of me having terminated the contract 3 years ago.

--
Martin